Saturday, August 8, 2009

Some People Have All The Luck

And I am not "some people" this week. I usually hit the estate sales on Friday but was out of town. I went to a few this morning. I got a free cowboy sculpture which is pretty rad and now on my front porch. I also scored a Pyrex bowl to replace the one "the cat" broke. But I don't think either of these really merit a photo op. Especially after seeing these on Nifty Thrift (http://www.flickr.com/groups/niftythrift/)





Love these glasses. I'm a sucker for any tumblers with gold printed images. It's actually a bad thing because I can't do dishes by hand. I hate it. I'm not good at it. Everything in the dishwasher. Even my glasses. That means pretty gold details crossing my thresh hold are soon obliterated. Good thing I wasn't the one to find these lovelies. Not so for this plate though:





When I got married 2 years ago, I refused to register for dishes. I had my dishes, as far as I was concerned. Meticulously collected from thrift stores, rummage sales, etc. A vintage goldmine where no one dines off the same pattern. My table is a rainbow of colors, patterns and eras when I host a dinner party (I also have a penchant for 1950s-1960s appetizers, but I'll save that for another day). This plate is just too cute. I wish I could see the back. I love plates with maker's marks. The tramp stamp of crockery attracting all kinds of vintage junkies.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: