Friday, July 31, 2009

Crafty Stock-ups

Today I had quite a bit of luck in the craft department as far as the estate sale haul. It was super fun digging through all the fabric and sewing notions with my ma. She caught some things I would've missed.

Like this:



A dresser scarf half finished with such a pretty peacock. I got another one just like it that hasn't been worked on. At this particular garage sale, the lady was selling fabric - and this included those scarves - by the bag. Price of bag? $1.00!





At another sale I got the crewel kit that's keeping the fabric company for $1.00. It includes a zipper and a lining and instructions. I've never done crewel before, but this looks like a lovely project. I like having a stash of little project kits. Especially come winter when going out thrifting is not so pleasant. Nothing like a little project, an old movie and a long afternoon free.

We also came across these:



They all came together in a bag and we waited until we got home to separate them all out and divide them between us. What fun! And I found a few treasures for the I Heart Pink and Aqua Swap I joined.

For $2.50, I scored a Weave It at another sale







It makes the cutest little square coasters. I was thinking of making some to border a small square hooked rug did a few years ago. We'll see what happens. I'm still working on that chair and D's (my husband's) hat. I've been itching to make a rug though lately. Ever since D decided to make a little office in our basement, I've wanted to make him a rug. Just to make the place a little more comfy. He has said he likes the austere, light bulb dangling from a cord, no nonsense atmosphere of the basement because it helps him concentrate. All I can think is cold tootsies!

Other finds were all for the garden. I've been looking for garden statues since we moved in. They are scarce and the ones I do find are in boutiques for prices I can't even pay for indoor bric-a-brac. These were all $1.00-$2.00 a piece.











D has been having good luck with finds, too. Check out our new fish plate:




And our new artwork. It tells a story I find inspirational.



So, that's all for now. Time to enjoy my fam. I leave you with pics of earings purchased at Classic Facets from the costume jewelry drawers. The fine jewelry I'd give my teeth for, but they don't take teeth for payment. Just gobs of cash I do not have. I wish they'd hurry up and put pieces for sale on the web.

My new earings



Ma's new earings

No comments:

Post a Comment