Thursday, July 16, 2009

Recent Finds



Site Meter





I want to share some recent finds. Tomorrow, I'm going to many estate and garage sales and will probably be to intrigued by my new pretties to post the pics I've already taken of past treasures.

Here is a tin I bought last week at an estate sale for $3.00:



So pretty! I have no idea how old this tin is. I think it's worth more than $3.00 though. Apparently, so did the former owner - she glued tiny squares of felt to each corner of the box.





I love this little bug in the picture:




The only mark on it is a little "made in England" stamp. I wish I knew more about it.

When we moved into our house, I found this mirror in the basement:




I asked my landlord about it and she said it must've been there since they bought the house and that I could have it. The gilded woodwork is broken off on one side, but the mirror has aged so beautifully.

Finally, I found these fruit crates at another sale and bought them both for $5.00:




They were already painted white except for the tops that were left with the original labels:




Well, I hope I find a treasure tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That tin is so cool! It is very pretty! Hey, it's a perfect place to keep a current tatting project! LOL! ;)

    Thank you for entering my giveaway! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Oh, guess what? Your comment is #200 on that giveaway! Woo Hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete