Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Swap!

Hooray! When I got home I had a HUGE package waiting for me from my swap buddy!!

I was so excited. The "I love pink and aqua" swap was the 1st swap I ever participated in. The rules stated to include at least one craft supply, one thing you made and spend about $15 not including shipping. I really agonized over what to get my swap partner. I scoured her website looking for clues on what she might like. I searched thrift shops, estate sales, garage sales. I asked anyone who was around to look at the package I was assembling to give me an honest opinion. I sent the package priority mail and crossed my fingers...

And I got an email back saying it was received AND LOVED!!!! Hooray! And then I got my package soon afterward and love,love,love the contents!

Here's what I got:

Can you see the adorable pink and aqua plates and cups? They remind me of lunchroom trays in a cafeteria. I can't wait to use them for TV dinners with D. In the back there's a velvet jewelry box - something I always have a use for.

And check out the paper goodies - big pink hearts to string on a garland maybe, cards she made, envelopes and places for tiny notes. Also, lots of embroidery floss in shades of aqua and pink.



Funky patterned fabric quarters to use in the cushions I'm making for the rocking chair I refinished this summer!



She made me these tiny notebooks! I use notebooks all the time at work and always look for cute ones like this.




Pretty vintage pin. Love the pearls!



Fancy star boxes with lots of pink and aqua buttons.




Needless to say, my cat was impressed.



Cute little cupcake that grows in water. So sweet!



Here's a closeup of one of the cards she made. They're the perfect size for sending recipes or short thankyous. The cookie book is a find, too. Great recipes to try!



I also got a fun tin of candy scented lip gloss that for some reason I didn't get a photo of. I know I immediately used it so maybe I didn't put it back on the table afterwards! Speaking of missed photo ops, when I opened the package, everything was wrapped separately in little pink and aqua tissue papper bundles. It looked so pretty. I wish I had been able to control my excitement. But being me, I tore into it squealing with glee and just made a terrible mess of it. Oh well.

Here's the package I sent her:

I knew she quilted, so I tried to get a sewing theme going. I found this little wicker sewing basket and glued sequins to the top.



The inside was pink gingham. All my collected treasures fit snuggly inside.



I found a vintage pattern and embroidered it all in aqua. If you can't tell, it's two busy bees working hard at sewing. One has a needle and one has a thimble. I then appliqued my embroidery to a potholder made of vintage fabric.




Here's a closeup of the pin I included. I also gave her a bit of the fabric I used for the potholder. I just loved that fabric. If you look closely, you'll see there are tiny deer hidden in the print.



Pink buttons, pink plastic glittery bells and a little girl's apron with pink and blue flowers.



Vintage trims and ultra fine glitter.




Well, I've just GOT to get to bed or I'll be a zombie for my patients in the morning.

Take care!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it all!! This was such a fun swap! I have pics to post of the goodies you sent me and I hope to do that this weekend:) Work is killing me this week!!!

    ReplyDelete